Monday, November 13, 2006

I paid for the right to be a slave, in cash. Actually it was a student loan.

So, here I am sitting at work attempting to gain enough motivation to turn the 6 pages of outline I have here into a genuine work of corporate shlock for a newsletter article about the State of the Business.

I am but a mere intern, and yet I have chosen this route by paying for my post-secondary education with the understanding that I must commit myself to 8 months of slavish office-dwelling hell.

And then, after I attempt to put down some garbage as to why our company must still be heading in a positive direction regardless of the massive declines in the North American auto industry, I have to continue trying to call charities to see who will give my company the most valuable charitable tax receipt for a donation of shirts. I know, I know... at least we're donating something. But it seems a little hypocritical knowing that there is not one ounce of altruism in the donation.. In other words, the company would not have had the inclination to donate these possessions had they not ordered too many and realized we needed to recoupe some cash. Then low and behold, I come up with the corporate charitable tax receipt idea.

I feel somewhat guilty for perpetrating this hypocrisy... but someone had to. And at least a good many old guy out there may get to wear a beautifully designed, black polyester golf shirt. Indeed, polyester CAN be beautiful... especially when it's being worn out of love for our fellow corporate-kind... err, I mean, Man kind.

I believe what I will do is determine who can best use the shirts, and not give a damn as to what the charitable tax receipt amount is.

And then To the gallows I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home